VoIP Transcoding using Ttrans VoIP Transcoding Gateway
Transcoding refers to the conversion of call media from one voice encoding algorithm (also known as a codec or a vocoder) to another. This is performed in order to bridge differences in capabilities between the telecommunications systems supporting the calling and the called parties. For example, when the two end point devices involved in a call don’t share a common vocoder among their vocoder sets.
TelcoBridges Ttrans gateway supports transcoding among a number of popular voice codecs from IP-to-IP.
For transcoding across TDM-to-IP networks, IP-to-TDM networks or IP-to-IP networks featuring different end-point device capabilities take a look at our Tmedia transcoding capabilities.
Low Risk, Reliability, and High Availability
TelcoBridges is committed to designing and manufacturing top quality gateways. With a reliability rating of 99.999% (five nine’s) and backed by full redundancy, available either in 1+1, or n+1 solutions, our gateways are the most reliable and stable available on the market. In fact, we invite you to contact our customer to verify for yourself, we have a flawless customer satisfaction and customer support rating. We stand by our customers because we understand that your success is our success.
SS7 allows our gateways to be Seamlessly integrated with existing TDM infrastructure, greatly simplifying deployment and maintenance.
Our Solutions offer very high capacity in order for you to maximize your operational savings. Savings in rackspace, power, maintenance, monitoring, sparing, and logistics all equal increased efficiency and greater margins.
Full VoIP Channel Capacity
By using the full capacity of the VoIP Channel you can simplify your network design and lower capital expenditures, again providing gains in efficiency.
Supported Codecs include:
- Universal codecs
- G.711 – Supported packet durations: 20,30,40,50 and 60 msec
- G.723.1 – Supported packet durations: 30,60 and 90 msec
- G.726 – Supported packet durations: 20,30,40,50 and 60 msec
- G.729a/ab – Supported packet durations: 20,30,40,50,60,70 and 80 msec
- Wireline codecs
- G.728 – Supported packet durations: 20,30,40,50 and 60 msec
- G.729eg – Supported packet durations: 20,30,40,50,60,70 and 80 msec
- iLBC – Supported packet durations: [13kbps] 30 and 60 msec, [15kpbs] 20 and40 msec
- Wireless codecs
- AMR – Supported packet durations: 20,40,60 and 80 msec
- GSM-FR – Supported packet durations: 20 and 30 msec
- GSM-EFR – Supported packet durations: 20,40 and 60 msec
- EVRC – Supported packet durations: 20,40 and 60 msec
- QCELP – Supported packet durations: 20,40 and 60 msec
- G.722.2 (AMR-WB) – Supported packet durations: 20,40,60 and80 msec